Renters & Overnight Guests
You may always park in your host's driveway overnight without registering with ParkingBoss. But if you wish to park on the street overnight, you must obtain a temporary, electronic parking permit. It's free!
- To park legally on the street between the hours of 11 PM and 7 AM, please register your vehicle with ParkingBoss.
- Enter your name, car license plate number, and the address where you are staying, along with a passcode provided by your Owner. [The passcode is specific to the home where you are staying. Passcodes have been distributed to all residences on a magnetic card. If you cannot find the passcode, please contact The Dartmouth Group.]
- Your guest permit is valid for up to two weeks, but it may be renewed.
- The guest permit is generated and maintained in the ParkingBoss app; there is no guest hang-tag or decal.
- Because of the way guest passes are requested and issued electronically, we always have access to an up-to-the-minute list of all issued and valid guest passes. Unregistered vehicles are subject to fines, booting, or towing.
- Ticketed guests will be denied access to all amenities until fines are paid and the vehicle is properly registered.
On-street parking is on a first-come/as-available basis. There are no reserved or assigned parking spaces on the street.
General Parking Regulations
Residents are urged to park in their driveways and encourage visitors to do so, as well.
All street parking is regulated by ParkingBoss, an automated system.
- No Parking Zones. Please, no parking is allowed on lawns, vacant lots, sidewalks, in restricted areas, in violation of posted signs, or so as to interfere with anyone’s driveway or roadway access. Vehicles must not be parked in front of hydrants, on the inside of cul-de-sacs, nor along the curved curbing of intersections. Such vehicles will be booted or towed at the owner’s expense without warning at the discretion of the Board of Trustees.
- Current, Valid Vehicle Registration is Required. Vehicles parked on Naushop streets must have current license plates and be in good working order with no excessive leaking of fluids.
- Snow and Other Emergencies. Vehicles must be moved to off-street parking during snowstorms or periods when road work is being done. Violators are subject to towing at the owner's expense, booting and/or fines.
- Commercial Vehicles. No commercial vehicles, campers, trailers, or boats may be parked anywhere in the community with the exception of boats and trailers which may be kept only in fully enclosed garages. However, cars, individual small pickup trucks, or vans bearing small commercial signs less than 250 square inches may be parked in a driveway. All other commercial vehicles are prohibited.
- Repairs on Roads. No repair or maintenance of a motor vehicle is permitted on any road in the community.
- Penalties for Violating the Regulations. Vehicles that violate the Regulations will be ticketed and fines will be assessed. In addition, the vehicle may be booted, towed, or barnacled without notice. Cars parked on Naushop streets between 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM without proper credentials displayed will receive one warning.